Saturday, July 17, 2010

Honda CX500 motorcycle, and its variants

The Honda CX500 and Variants
Some folks call them the ugliest bike ever made, and say the "Plastic Maggot" was awful.
These people have never understood the CX500 and have probably never ridden one. Any modern motorcyclist used to plastic-fantastic street racers won't give a CX a second glance. But I say that my CX500 will still be turning heads when the last of today's plastic-fantastics has gone to the scrapyard after 20,000 miles of throttle-bending. My main CX - I have three - has done 57,000 miles, is 25 years old and still has another 20 years and 45,000 miles left in it. I can give modern 500s a run for their money, and anyway I'll sail past them when they stop for fuel / tighten and lube their chains / cool down. It will probably see me past the age where I can ride it.
When the

No comments:

Post a Comment