Sunday, August 8, 2010

~Postage and Packaging - What is acceptable?~

Having been a member of ebay for a few years now I've taken part in a lot of transactions so I like to think Ican estimate postage costs pretty well. I have had the misfortune of dealing with a few sellers who don't really know exactly how much to charge so they just take a guess. I've seen all sorts of prices for postage on here, some have underestimated (I once bought something from a seller who paid a LOT more postage than they'd estimated - they hadn't been using ebay long so I sent them the difference! Yes I know some people wouldn't have done but I do like to think that I am honest) and some have overestimated by a LOT!


Postage


I was browsing one day and noticed a skirt I really liked...cheap starting price but postage was 7.65...I wasn't really sure why as it was a linen type material so really light. I read the sellers whole listing to find out if there was any indication as to why (The seller could have lived in a very remote area with no post office - so could have to drive to another village or arrange collection etc). I didn't find anything so I asked the seller. The response that came back was rather short but to the point, It was stated that packaging for the item would cost 3.60 and the rest was for 1st class postage and if I wasn't happy then I wasn't to bid. This was a fair comment and I accepted it.


It does annoy me sometimes that a seller misjudges postage and packaging...and I know there are some people out there who do make extra money on their postage. I have always found that by working out p

No comments:

Post a Comment